New in REC+: User tags renaming, prospect manager improvements, multiple delivery services integrations & a Happy New Year!
Happy New Year from the REC+ team! This latest issue of New in REC+ has a range of new features that rolled out over the holiday period.
- User tags can now be renamed & nested tags are now supported via the " > " separator.
Useful if you have a large number of tags in a tag group & want to give them a more fine grained hierarchical structure.
Check this out in Admin > User Tags.
- Quick add user within Prospect Manager
Now when adding a prospect you can quickly add the user at the same time to streamline this process.
- Delivery services integration via Postmen.com (beta)
With Postmen you can use a wide range of delivery services such as FedEx or DPD to get their live calculated delivery rates for orders during checkout.
We'll be talking about this more soon in an upcoming post when it's out of beta.
- Product code now included in enquiry emails
This should be already working for you, but may require a change to the html/store/product_info/enquire_form.html.twig if this has been previously overridden.
- You can now switch displays of the user ID in admin to show their membership code instead.
Useful for avoiding any confusion between Membership codes and user IDs for sites who prefer using the membership codes.
Site Settings > Display > Show Membership Code instead of User ID
- Order Items in the Order Confirmation Email is now templatable
This allows you greater control over the emails that go out to your users & how items are listed in these emails.
The new template file is available in: /html/email/order_details.html.twig
- Form messages marked as spam now record the reason we marked them as spam.
Possible reasons include: blocked / Russian spam addresses, common spam message phrases & more.
Admin > Form Builder > Form Replies > View Spam Folder > New column showing "Spam Reason"
- Checkout & PayPal warnings now display better to users & are fully logged on the order history.
More descriptive warnings are now given to users if PayPal declines payment.
If a customer has any warning shown to them at checkout, this will now be shown in the order history.
- Clear the cart fast in JS with REC.Cart.emptyCart()
This allows you to programmatically refresh the cart, useful in custom add-to-cart processes to start a new cart.
Behind the scenes
- New security improvements
Fixes & improvements continue to be automatically rolled out to all our sites each night.
- Admin side CDN fallbacks
We use a CDN for many assets in the admin side to speed up this area, however over the holiday period the CDN we use for some assets in the admin side had some downtime, causing a couple areas in Admin to not function.
This new release allows us to circumvent the CDN if it is down and the admin area will continue to work without interruption.